Reflection

What did you find surprising or striking as you further your knowledge about how people learn?

 Before attending this course, I cannot say I had a working knowledge of learning styles and theories. Nor did I understand the interconnections of learning. This course opened my eyes to many concepts and discussions I did not know existed. Now that I have an adequate framework to further my knowledge and skill in Instructional Design, I look forward to building on these new skills with future projects. Additionally, I did not realize how learning theory affected the presentation of course material—the different learning styles found in most classrooms. This course helped me recognize the complexity of the learning process and how it differs for others.

 How has this course deepened your understanding of your learning process?

 This course helped me identify and understand which learning styles I prefer, which learning theories resonate best, and strategies to cultivate motivation that I can apply to my school work and my work as an instructor. The most surprising thing I learned in this class about my learning process is that I am an auditory and visual learner of all the different modalities. The surprise led me to observe further the learning patterns and behaviors of the company I keep. This change in perspective has deepened my connections with others and has helped me better understand my “role” as a student and an adult student.

What have you learned regarding the connection between learning theories, learning styles, educational technology, and motivation?

\I did not realize how interconnected learning theory, styles, technology, and motivation were for students. Every student has learning preferences, and at the same time, every student utilizes many elements of each learning strategy. What has benefited me regarding the connections between learning issues is how educational technology offers solutions to students who each have preferred learning methods. Because of these advances in technology more people now have access to information where there was none before. The availability of previously unattainable information directly influences the motivation of students to achieve their goals

How will your learning in this course help you as you further your career in the field of instructional design?

The information I have learned in this class will affect my future aspirations to be a company training officer. I have a better understanding of the learning process. Today I know how to review an online course, critically evaluate the semantics and mechanics of the system design, and identify which learning methods are in effect. I can evaluate the culture of learning in an environment and affect change as necessary. As I continue to gain experience in this field, I look forward to allowing students to incorporate different technologies into their lessons. Learners historically learn better if they can identify the relevancy of the material. This action helps build the confidence required to succeed in any environment using the appropriate tools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting the Pieces Together

Connectivism